By Thomas Bach Jensen / DWB
At the Danish Warmblood Licensing of Stallions 2021 it has been like a European finale among the best young dressage stallions hand-picked abroad and the best of Danish breeding. The licensing committee have appointed six premium stallions out of the 20 approved three-year-olds.
The licensing of stallions for Danish Warmblood has been conducted in a different way this year due to the Covid-19 situation. The breeding committee have travelled all over Denmark to view and judge the stallion prospects at many locations, where a great effort was made to offer the stallions equal facilities.
The breeding committee are happy with the way they succeeded in carrying out the annual licensing process under different circumstances, and at the same time they underline that they look forward to next year in Herning.
In total, 52 three-year-old dressage stallions were presented to the judges (Bjarne Nielsen, Claus Hansen and Johnny Sørensen), with 20 being granted approval. Six of the 20 approved stallions were also named as premium stallions, three of the being judged with an overall score of 9.00 – they are:
• The Danish bred stallion Hesselhøj Donkey Boss by Hesselhøj Donkey Boy x Blue Hors Zack, who is a full brother of the licensed stallion Hesselhøj Downtown and is described by the judges as an expressive, long-legged, and modern stallion with remarkable knee and hock action in his far above average gaits.
• Midt-West Evolution by Revolution x Jazz is a Danish bred stallion out of a proven dam line. He is harmonious and large-framed with outstanding gaits and, according to the judges, he stands in a classic stallion formation and is very much a stallion type. He always shows himself very calm and considered.
• Also judged with an overall score of 9.00 is the German-bred premium stallion Bonjour by Bon Coeur x Fürst Nymphenburg whom the judges described as a rubber ball with outstanding functionality in all gaits, and at the same time a very harmonious, expressive, and well-considered stallion.
Three-year-old premium stallions:
• Bonjour by Bon Coeur x Fürst Nymphenburg, bred in Germany and presented by Helgstrand Dressage, Vodskov
• Be Sure by Callaho’s Benecio x Scuderia, bred in Germany and presented by Helgstrand Dressage, Vodskov
• Fortunate by Foundation x Quaterback, bred in Germany and presented by Helgstrand Dressage, Vodskov
• Midt-West Evolution by Revolution x Jazz, bred and presented by Stutteri Midt-West v/ Poul Erik Nielsen, Spjald.
• Scotaloo by Secret x Fürst Nymphenburg, bred in Germany and presented by Helgstrand Dressage, Vodskov
• Hesselhøj Donkey Boss by Hesselhøj Donkey Boy x Blue Hors Zack, bred and presented by Hesselhøj v/Anders Hoeck, Asperup... To read the complete article you need to be a subscriber
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO BREEDING NEWS
SUBSCRIBERS CAN READ THE COMPLETE ARTICLE BY LOGGING IN AND RETURNING TO THIS PAGE