By Agata Grosicka
Photography: Oliwia Chmielewska
The Anglo European Studbook stallion grading 2021 took place at the Salio Equestrian Club outside the city of Lodz in central Poland at the end of February, and welcomed a record number of entries.
The international judges’ commission for this sixth edition of the AES grading included Joris van de Oetelaar, Marthijs Brouwer, and Bertrand Demets, who graded stallions born in 2018 as well as older horses.
The number of entries reached almost 60 stallions, including young prospects as well as performers who have already celebrating sporting success, and while the majority were showjumpers, there were also some very nice dressage stallions, as well as one Thoroughbred eventer.
The grading started with the ground presentation, followed by free jumping, for the youngest age-group, and an under-saddle test in the case of older stallions.
A total of 34 youngsters, born in 2017 and 2018, participated in the free jumping presentation, from which three were selected for the final arena presentation. They were:
• Negresco S SP (2017: Cornet Obolensky x Calvados Z) bred by Stanislaw Szurik and owned by Wiktor Duda
• Genesis SP (2018: Zulus x Trawant) bred by Pawel Gaszka and owned by Luiza Piotrowska
• Constable (Hann) (2018: Contendro I x Diarado) bred and owned by Ilona Turowska.
The judges decided to award the stallion Negresco S with the title of overall champion. He has both a very interesting pedigree (Negresco’s sire being Cornet Obolensky, while the dam is a full sister to the grey Nevados S – European team champion in 2019 with Gregory Wathelet), who also impressed the judges with the quality of his free jumping.
Other licensed and approved stallions
A ‘license’ and ‘approved’ are both granted for a stallion’s lifetime, although a ‘license’ limits the number of mares to 30 annually, while ‘approved’ is breeding with limits. The following is the list of ‘licensed’ stallions:
• Next-Minka (KWPN) (2018: Tangelo van de Zuuthoeve x Clinton) bred by G.F.M. van Den Berg and owned by Wechta Investment Ltd
• Charthago de Maya Z (2018: Cicero van Paemel Z x Lord Pezi) bred and owned by Radoslaw Chybin,
• Casscador (Holst) (2018: Cascadello I x Acodetto) bred by Elmar Haep and owned by Nowolipsk Horse Stud
• Calamus Draco SP (2018: Alczento x Cassilio) bred by Tomasz Wiczanowski and owned by Irena Goszczynska
• Galypso ‘G’ SP (2018: Stalypso x Qulester) bred by Paweł Gaszka and owned by Stanisław Malek
• Jakson (Wlkp) (2018: Astil L x Gluckspilz) bred by Artur Cap-Nowaczyk and owned by Pawel Jarosz
• Cornerrado N (Holst) (2018: Cornet Obolensky x Nerrado) bred and owned by Jakub Nowacki
• Solestus OK SP (2018: Colestus x Corland) bred and owned by Krystian Ograbek
• Spirit van de Noordheuvel (BWP) (2018: I’m Special de Muze x Baloubet du Rouet) bred by Niels Haesen and owned by Anna Mulik
• Concorde 76 SP (2018: Cicero Z van Paemel x Ciacomo) bred and owned by Andrzej Golas
• Nacho TVL (2018: Harley VDL x Casco) bred by M.A.M. Trommelen and owned by Wechta Investment Ltd
• Vigaro von Hary Z (2017: Vigo d'Arsouilles x Chacco Blue) bred by Heinz Mertens and owned by Pawel Bado
• Moderato Hippica (OS) (2017: Mylord Carthago x Kannan) 2017 bred and owned by Zbigniew Kostrzewski
• Te Quiero SP (2017: If du Reverdy x Can-Can S) bred by Lucyna Groblewicz and owned by Angelika Bielawska
• New Cornet Obolensky (Wlkp) (2017: Cornet Obolensky x Avero) bred and owned by PPHU Andrzej Kuswik
• Mefisto SP (2017: Uccello x Huzar) bred and owned by Janusz Kosek
• Toulon B Z (2017: Toulon x Kojak) bred by Aleksandra Bado and owned by Pawel Bado
• Manhattan Hippica (OS)(2017: Mylord Carthago x Baloubet du Rouet) bred and owned by Zbigniew Kostrzewski
• Lenovo Red Wine (2017: Le Blue Diamond van’t Ruytershof x Nabab de Reve) bred by Malgorzata and Tomasz Siergiej and owned by Agnieszka Straczek
• Tavados SP (2017: MJT Nevados S x Landor) bred by Adam Mroz and owned by Barbara Lach
• El Corazon BSH (OS) (2017: Cornet Obolensky x Kannan) bred by Zbigniew Kostrzewski and owned by Pawel Bado
• Diamante Nero (Hann) (2015: Diacontinus x Escudo I) bred by Mathias Klatt and owned by Bartosz Szewczyk
• Fameus-Olt (KWPN) (2010: Indoctro x Ramiro Z) bred by J.H.G. Olthof and owned by Leszek Sasinowski
• Turbud Peridot SP (2015: Turbud Cicero x Turbud Tempo) bred and owned by Henryk Polednia. .. To read the complete article you need to be a subscriber
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO BREEDING NEWS
SUBSCRIBERS CAN READ THE COMPLETE ARTICLE BY LOGGING IN AND RETURNING TO THIS PAGE