All 10 dressage stallions participating in the final presentation of the Stallion Performance Test have been approved. The highest scores were achieved by the two four-year-old stallions Merlot VDL and Mauro Turfhorst.
As with the jumping stallions, they ,were presented in couples of two and honored immediately afterwards. The Stallion Selection Committee, consisting of chairman Bert Rutten, Marian Dorresteijn, and Johan Hamminga, was able to approve an interesting group of stallions. With 85.5 points, the four-year-old Merlot VDL (Bordeaux - Hyacinth-Vrouwe ster PROK D-OC x Florencio, bred by the Klinkhamer family rom Sleen) presented by the VDL Stud and Saskia van Musscher achieved the highest score. "This is a very elegant, uphill-moving stallion who is very willing to work and can change gear very easily in movement," Rutten explained. After making some clear selections in the group of four-year-olds during this test, in addition to Merlot VDL, also Mauro Turfhorst (Zonik out of Hidaylia ster by Negro, breeder Jan Greve) of Studfarm Turfhorst and Reesink Horses emerged as one of the better stallions, receiving 84 points.
The three-year-old approved dressage stallions are:
• Number Two (Just Wimphof x Ferro, registered breeder Gerrit van Esterik) co-registered with Joop van Uytert: 83.5 points
• Neil (Governor x Vivaldi) from breeders Ad Valk and the Andeweg family: 83 points
• New Orleans (Blue Hors Farrell x Jazz) bred by De Dalhoeve Horse Center: 83 points
• Next Romancier (Fürst Romancier x San Amour, bred by J.Th.W. and H. Huls) presented by Rom Vermunt and Joop van Uytert: 81.5 points
• Nick Wimphof (Just Wimphof x Bordeaux, bred by Geesje and Tinus Naber) owned by Joop and Renate van Uytert and Stal Brouwer: 80.5 points
• Night Shadow (Guardian S x Florencio, registered breeder Willy van der Aa) co-registered with Stal Van de Sande: 80 points
• Nephew (Daily Diamond x Johnson, bred by S. Wijnveen), presented by Jan Greve: 78 points
• Nacho (Negro x Krack C, bred by Sandra Maakenschijn) from Van Olst Horses: 76.5 points
Four-year-old dressage stallions:
• Merlot VDL (Bordeaux x Florencio, bred by the Klinkhamer Family), presented by Saskia van Musscher and VDL Stud: 85.5 points
• Mauro Turfhorst (Zonik x Negro, bred by Jan Greve), presented by Studfarm Turfhorst and Reesink Horses: 84 points.