By Agata Grosicka
Photography: Oliwia Chmielewska
The third edition of the Holsteiner Foal Championships in Poland organized on July 5 at the Olimpia Horse Stud, Nowe Dabie, proved that there is neither stagnation caused by the Covid-19 lockdown, nor a slower breeding season syndrome!
Open-air sporting events were allowed to reopen in Poland from mid June – but behind closed doors, although this breeding championship attracted many entries, with breeders and owners ready to present this year’s offspring to the jury.
In fact, this third championship for Holsteiner foals in Poland gather over 40 Polish-bred foals registered with the Holsteiner studbook. The judges, Stephen Haarhoff and Peter Claussen from the Holsteiner Verband, shortlisted nine colts and four fillies from this great selection of showjumping foals, who were then judged again to determine the final result:
• Champion colt – Chubakko x Quite Capitol, bred and owned by Szymon Mukalski
• First vice champion – Comme Il Faut x Zirocco Blue, bred and owned by Marek Wasiewicz
• Second vice champion – Casall x Cascadello, bred and owned by Roma Kosicka,
followed by those placed from fourth to eighth place:
• All Star x Ciacomo, bred and owned by Andrzej Golas,
• Connor x Corrado I, bred and owned by Dariusz Gronowski,
• Emerald x Clinton, bred and owned by Roma Kosicka,
• Comme il Faut x Quidam de Revel, bred and owned by Tomasz Olszewski
• Cornet Obolensky x Levisto, bred and owned by Tomasz Olszewski
• Champion Filly – Casall x C-Indoctro, bred and owned by Waldemar and Wojciech Kasperscy
• First vice champion – Emerald van’t Ruytershof x Levisto Z, bred and owned by Tomasz Olszewski
• Second vice champion – Million Dollar x Mylord Carthago, bred and owned by Waldemar and Wojciech Kasperscy
• Fourth – Cornet Obolensky x Calido, bred and owned by Dominika Lech
The champion filly bred by Waldemar and Wojciech Kasperscy was also awarded the title of Supreme Champion of the show. This delicate and very classy filly of a modern type (ET) born on May 24, 2020, and representing Stamm 104A – Cassall - Contendra III DL (C-Indoctro x Contender x Reichsgraf) is the full sister of Contendro Girl, sold during Berlin 2017 Longines Global Champions Tour to Spain’s Sergio Alvarez Moya.
The breeders of the winner could also claim the second vice champion filly, born on February 22, 2020, Stamm 730B – Million Dollar x Imcarthina (Mylord Carthago x Quintero x Cor de la Bryère), as well as two other short-listed foals: a filly born on March 5, Stamm 776 – Untouchable - Icasilla (Casall x Coriander) and a colt (ET) born on May 17, Stamm 104A – another full sister of Contendro Girl.
Tomasz Olszewski not only co-organized the show but also brought 11 foals to this championships, including two short-listed colts, and the first vice champion filly by Emerald van’t Ruytershof x Levisto Z... To read the complete article you need to be a subscriber
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO BREEDING NEWS
SUBSCRIBERS CAN READ THE COMPLETE ARTICLE BY LOGGING IN AND RETURNING TO THIS PAGE