By Thomas Bach Jensen / DWB
As an adjustment to the current COVID-19 situation, Danish Warmblood has scheduled a number of live-streaming auctions, and with a limited number of spectators. As it’s impossible to predict when ‘normal’ public auctions will be able to resume, DWB has planned six foal auctions, with the first taking place on Sunday, June 28 at Blue Hors, where buyers will have the opportunity to either bid online or by telephone.
The chairman of the auction committee, Ulrik Kristensen states: “We are extremely pleased that we have succeeded in arranging six joint auctions this year under the auspices of the Danish Warmblood. It is a very challenging and innovative time when the physical auctions have come under pressure due to Covid-19 and the public assembly ban. The streaming auctions are a great alternative to the well-known auction format, and we are very pleased with the support of the breeders, members and partners.
Dates for Danish Warmblood auctions in 2020:
• Sunday, June 28, at 1:00 p.m. 15.00: Streaming auction at Blue Hors
• Sunday, August 16, at 1:00 p.m. 15.00: Streaming auction at Blue Hors
• Saturday, September 5: Nordic International Sales at Helgstrand Dressage
• Saturday, September 12: Auction South in Esbjerg and Omegns Riding Club
• Saturday, September 19: Foal Auction North at Vestbirk Equestrian Center
• Week 42: DWB World Cup Auction