By Carolin Tassius-Diederich / Holsteiner Verband
Photography: Stefan Lafrentz
So far, 2022 has been a very successful year for the horses from the land between the seas, with all five medals taken by horses registered with a German studbook at the Herning World Championship secured by Holsteiners.
The World Championship medallists in Herning are:
• Quel Homme de Hus (Quidam de Revel), with Jerome Guery – breeder: Dr. Andreas Kosicki, Berlin;
• Con Quidam RB (Cardino) and Sanne Thjissen (ZG Bröcking, Borken);
• Monaco (Cassini II), with Harrie Smolders (Ralf Lütje, Haseldorf);
• Equine America Cacharel (Cachas) and Joseph Stockdale (Hemut Blohm, Haselund);
• Long John Silver (Lasino) ridden by Jur Vrieling (Peter Burmester, Wangels).
But Holsteiners excelled not only in Herning, but were a factor front and centre at the national young horse championships in Warendorf, as well as the showjumping World Breeding Championship for Young Horses in Lanaken.
Representative of the 10 medals won in Warendorf in the showjumping arena, the cross-country and the riding horse arena, the four securing a title shall be named below... To read the complete article you need to be a subscriber
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO BREEDING NEWS
SUBSCRIBERS CAN READ THE COMPLETE ARTICLE BY LOGGING IN AND RETURNING TO THIS PAGE